DEADLINE HAS PASSED:
We would like to thank all the entrants to PDN Photo Annual 2013.
- The $15,000 Arnold Newman prize for New Directions in Photographic
Portraiture: This prize is awarded to a winner of the PDN Photo Annual
whose work echoes Arnold Newman's legendary portraiture. The award is funded
The Arnold and Augusta Newman Foundation with support from the Maine
Media Workshops, American Society of Media Photographers and PDN®.
- The Marty Forscher Fellowship Fund cash award to one professional and
one student winner.
- The Epson Creativity Award is presented to a photographer who demonstrates
originality and creativity in his or her approach to black-and-white
photography. One winner will be selected to receive a cash scholarship of
- The Sony Emerging Photographer Award recognizes an exceptional
up-and-coming photographer. The winner will receive a $1,000 cash prize and Sony® NEX-6 kit (Alpha NEX-6 Camera with 16-50mm Lens)
- NEW: PDN® Publisher's Choice Award: one winner will be featured in
a full page self promotion ad in an upcoming issue of PDN® mentioned in
the Publisher's letter, and receive a $1,500 cash award.
- Ten winners will receive a Nielsen Photo Group membership which includes;
subscriptions to PDN® and Rangefinder magazines, a PDN® PHOTOPLUS
International Conference + Expo Gold Expo Pass, a PhotoServe portfolio
($860 value) and discounts on Rangefinder, WPPI and PDN® contests.
- Additional awards and prizes will be announced online. 2012 awards included
The Adobe presents the Breakthrough Photography Award.
- Your work will be seen by TOP PHOTO INDUSTRY JUDGES. (Click on the link for the judges' list)
- Winning images will be reproduced in the June Photo Annual issue of PDN®,
the most anticipated issue of the year. We send 5,000 copies to influential
art buyers, photo editors, art directors and reach a total audience of
over 30,000 readers.
- Winners will also be in an extended online gallery, which will be heavily
promoted on pdnonline.com and our social network
- We're throwing an exclusive party in New york City celebrating the winners. Judges,
select industry creatives and photographers are among the invited guests.
- Winners will be announced in a dedicated press release sent to our entire network.
- You can receive an official winner's seal to use in promotions for your photography business.
Extended Deadline Rates Apply
Each Single Entry: $45 $55
Each Series Entry: $55 $65
(PhotoServe Membership Entry Fees:
$38.50 per image | $45.50 per series)
Student Entry: $25$35
Submissions received after 1/29/13 will be subject to
an additional late fee of $10 (through final deadline period of 2/25/13).
To view last year's winners,